Welcome to Coleman Book Company
Supplier of Scholarly Publications, Handbooks,Textbooks, Journals to Academic, Internet, Public and Special Libraries, Students and Teachers, Support in Hard-to-Find Bundle Textbooks and Printed Access Codes
We are dedicated to helping you find the right book at the right price, quickly and easily. Our easy-to-use site, low prices and fast, reliable shipping make us the premier destination for buying textbooks online.
Publishers McGraw-Hill, John Wiley, Thompson, Houghton Mifflin, Addison Wesley, Cengage, Pearson Education, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Oxford to name a few of our many partners.
We are your one-stop shop for all of your book needs. With over 10 million new student and teacher edition books, you can buy all your books at once at Coleman.
Find the book you need at a price you can feel good about. Save a ton of cash on list prices for the same exact book. Plus, we make it easy to find quality, alternate editions, out-of-print and more!
Please continue to browse our web site for more information on Coleman's array of services. We look forward to offering the very best in customer service.
Coleman Book Company offers a full range of services to corporate, academic, medical, special and public libraries, obtaining any in-print publication, in any format, from publishers or distributors throughout the world.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- BINDERY SERVICES We can provide a full range of binding options for your paperback books: Kapco coverings, Vinabind and Library (buckram) bindings.
- FIRM ORDER SERVICE "Hard-to-get" items, though at times challenging, are our specialty. Materials are supplied from more than 29,000 publishers and distributors worldwide, with more added daily. Current titles are stocked from more than 100 publishers.
- KEY SELECTIONS - Approval Plan/Slip Service We have developed an approval plan/slips service offering the degree of customization and personalized service desired by the library community. Flexibility and built-in attention to detail exists is our service.
- OUT OF PRINT SEARCHING If your item has been declared out-of-print or out-of-stock-indefinitely, upon request, we will search Out of Print databases to obtain a copy for your library. When we've located a copy, we will advise you of its condition and price for approval before supplying it to you.
- RUSH ORDER SERVICE When a book is needed immediately, or sooner, your order to us, if not in inventory, is placed with the publisher within 30 minutes of its receipt.
- SHELF READY SERVICE If requested, Coleman will physically process any material purchased so that the customer's collection-building process is facilitated. We can provide barcodes, security strips, or complete card kits. Additionally, we offer original cataloging records as well as copy-cataloging records.
- STANDING ORDER SERVICE Coleman will monitor and maintain standing orders for our customer's requirements from any source, whether or not they recognize "standing orders". The flexibility of our computer system allows for this service to be tailored to meet your specific needs. We will also provide customized acquisitions plans for alternating editions, volumes, and publication years for other than all items produced in a series.
This section will enable you to do the following:
Coleman offers many options to enable you to receive your orders, books and other library materials, from CBC ready for immediate use by your patrons, saving your staff valuable time while reducing your library's overall expense.
Upon request, we can include any or all of the technical services listed below into your customer account profile.
BINDING - To extend the circulation life of your paperback editions, Coleman offers you several binding options. You can elect for Coleman to send automatically your paperback books for a permanent hardback binding with the following choices:
Library binding - A high grade buckram covering in the color of your choice, with a sewn binding. The title and author are stamped on the spine of the book;
Textmount binding - A laminated paper over binder's board, with a glue binding, having the front and back of the original cover glued on, with the title and author stamped on the spine;
Vinabind - the original paperback jacket is mounted onto binder's board, entirely laminated, with a glue binding.
If you elect to have your paperback books bound, you should expect an approximate thirty day delay in delivery of these books due to processing time at our bindery.
KAPCO COVERS - a high quality laminating film covering the paperback binding, adding strength and protection. Since this application is performed by Coleman, you may expect no delay in delivery time when this covering is applied.
Please contact Coleman Book Company for additional information.
A Word From Our CEO
I want to personally add my welcome to the CBC website. My goal at Coleman Book Co. is to build a company that does a better job than any other vendor in the marketplace at meeting its professional obligations to library/Teachers. Our mission, I believe, can be succinctly stated:
* We find the product you need in the shortest possible time span, at a reasonable cost.
* First and foremost we judge ourselves by customer satisfaction and not by the growth of annual revenues, profits or the reduction of operating expenses.
* We want each employee of Coleman Book Co. to be enhanced by his/her experience with us, recognizing that we can learn from each other.
I value hearing from you, whether you would like to offer a pat-on-the-back to one of our employees, or have constructive criticism to share. Like any other member of CBC staff, I am available to assist you whenever the need arises.
On behalf of all of us at Coleman Book Co. thanks for your interest. We look forward to serving you.
William R. Coleman, CEO